Fog machines have now become very much a regular part of the DJ set up at different events. This is a device that emits a vapor that mimics the smoke or fog and creates an enchanted atmosphere. They are just like any other regular machine, especially in terms of their dynamics and how they work for doing the job. Learn more about best dj fog machines.
It also requires to be maintained properly if you want your investment to last for a long time. The fag generator or fog machine requires to be cleaned regularly. They contain fog juice and if that is not treated well then the machine may malfunction in a quick time. Thankfully, the cleanliness and maintenance of the fog machine are quite easy.
A fog machine can be easily cleaned at home with no supplementary help required. When it comes to the cleaning of the fog machine then there are two methods of doing so. We will discuss each one of those so that you have more than one option for getting it done conveniently. Learn more about how does a fog machine work.
Method 1 for cleaning the fog machine is the most economical and easy process to do at home. You will be using a home-based cleaning solution here for cleaning purposes. Preparing it is easy and using it recurrently is feasible as well. For this solution, you need to mix 20% white vinegar with 80% of distilled water. The following steps are required to be followed for the subject cleaning method:
- Drain out all of the fluid from the tank of the fog machine.
- Pour the cleaning solution into the tank.
- Switch on the fog machine and put it on the warm-up level setting. Make sure that you are using the machine in a nicely-ventilated area and should continue until the fluid gets completely developed.
- Flushing is completed before this step. Now, you need to fill the tank with fog fluid.
- Turn on the equipment and drive the liquid out of the system for a maximum of 5 minutes. The fog machine should run at full capacity here.
Note: The cleaning of the fog machine using homemade solution require to be repeated after every 40 hours of operation or every time before preserving the fog machine.
Method 2 is more or less the same as Method 1. The major difference is that you will be using a special commercial liquid for the cleaning of the fog machine. This is a specialized solution that is made specifically for the cleaning of fog machines. It does a better job as compared with Method 1, especially with the prevention of the formation of scale crystals inside the tank. The following are the steps that you require to follow for cleaning the fog machine using the commercial cleaning solution.
- Make sure that the fog generator is switched off and it is taken in the open.
- The smoky liquid should all be drained.
- The tank should be rinsed using distilled water only.
- Take a measuring cup and then pour in 250 grams of the specialized cleaning fluid.
- Switch on the fogger and smoke out all of the cleaning composition which is accumulated inside the tank of the machine.
- Once the above step is satisfied then you need to turn off the smoke machine once again.
- Rinse the tank once again using the distilled water only. Drain it thoroughly so that no residue is left in the tank.
- Take the measuring cup once again to pour in 250 grams of the distilled water inside the tank.
- Turn on the smoke machine and smoke out all of the accumulated distilled water inside the tank of the machine.
- You need to repeat steps starting from No. 4 and continue until No. 9.
- Add in the fogger fluid or juice inside the tank to the full capacity
- Do 2 x cycles of flushing out the smoky liquids.
Note: If you are going with the commercially prepared solution then you need to repeat the cleaning process after every 80 hours of operation or before preserving the unit.
The cleaning of fog machines is quite an easy job to handle. You have two options where you could either make use of easily prepared solutions at home or you can buy specialized solutions from the market. They both have slightly different properties where both are reliable. However, the home-based solution is more economical and it is preferred if you are a frequent user of the fog machine.
The specialized solution takes a little bit longer time as well. But, the cleaning done through this method is slightly better in performance than the other. In support of the commercial cleaning solution, you will be required to clean after a much longer operational time of the machine as compared with the home-based solution.